Tanning Lamp Hazards
So if you frequent tanning salons, Health Canada suggests you minimize your risk by:
* Reading the warning labels on sunlamps or tanning beds and following the directions closely.
* Always wearing safety eyewear.
* Having the salon operator recommend an optimal session length based on your skin's sensitivity.
* Allowing at least 48 hours between sessions.
* Making sure there's a physical barrier, such as a clear sheet of acrylic, between you and the tanning lamp.
* Limiting the total number of tanning sessions per year.